Improver Surf Weekends
This weekend is ran by pro surfer Richie Fitzgerald and is for surfers who want to take their surfing to the next level. If you want to learn the following or work on something specific, Richie and our instructors are experienced and qualified to show you the correct way of achieving your surfing goals. You MUST be able to pop up and ride the white water to shore.
- Improve your timing, paddling and takeoff
- Perfect your stance, balance and basic technique
- Learn how to turn
- Surf frontside and backside
- Increase your wave count and develop your wave selection
- Learn/perfect your duckdive
Our improver/intermediate weekends aim to build on your strengths, improve your skills and all round surfing technique. Why not test drive one of our many demo boards to find the type of board that suits you best.
- Minimum of 4 people required to run the weekend. Max of 6.
- You must be able to pop up and catch a white-water wave to shore.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- Your own equipment is preferred but not essential. We have loads of boards for you to try.
- Please note that you must have your own transport for these surf weekends.
- If none of these dates suit and you have 4 or more people, just let us know and we'll put on a surf weekend specifically for you.
- All equipment (surfboards, wetsuits, booties) if you don't have your own
- Changing facilities
- ISA approval and insurance
- 3 x intense surf sessions
- 2 x lunch vouchers for Waves Surf Cafe
- 1 x surf theory class
- 1 x 5% OFF voucher for the surf shop
- 1 x Surfworld loyalty card
- Photos of weekend published on Facebook
What to bring
- All your surf gear. Or feel free to use ours.
- 9.30am - Register at Surfworld
- 10am - Surf Session (Let's see what you can do!)
- 2pm - Surf Session (Out back coaching)
- 10am - Surf Theory Class followed by Surf Session (Use analysis session to improve on your surfing)